During the summer, Ashland is full of excitement for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. However, when winter arrives, this bustling theater town transforms into a winter wonderland. Ice skating is just one of the season’s best activities, but before you head out for a day of ice skating in Ashland, we recommend creating an itinerary. For recommendations on skiing, snowshoeing, and more, simply download our free Ashland Travel Guide.
The Best Place For Ice Skating in Ashland, Oregon
Ashland Rotary Centennial Ice Rink
The Ashland Rotary Centennial Ice Rink is Ashland’s premier ice skating destination. It is an outdoor ice skating rink in the lovely Lithia Park. Here, you will find everything from ice skating lessons to hockey to hot chocolate and winter events. Whether you are young or old, there is something at this beautiful skating rink for everyone!
The First Frost Celebration
The First Frost Celebration traditionally kicks off ice skating season. On this day, you can look forward to an opening hockey exhibition, early-bird discounts, a figure skating performance, live DJs, and more. With twinkling holiday lights, fresh air, and lively music, you don’t want to miss this winter event! The 2018 celebration takes place on Saturday, November 17.
Tips for Your Trip
- Wear plenty of warm layers! Because the rink is partially enclosed by a cover, temperatures are colder inside the rink than they are outside.
- If you happen to forget your ice skates, skate rentals are available that range from toddler size 9 to men’s size 15.
- The Ashland Rotary Centennial Ice Rink officially opens on Thursday, November 15, 2018, and runs through February 18, 2019.
Other Nearby Winter Activities
Make the most of your vacation in Ashland by taking advantage of more of the area’s top attractions. During your winter getaway to Southern Oregon, you can also:
- Ski and snowboard at Mount Ashland.
- Experience a quieter side of Southern Oregon on a winter winery tour.
- Snowshoe at Buck Prairie Trail.
- Enjoy holiday shopping in downtown Ashland.
- Celebrate the season at the Ashland Festival of Light.
For even more recommendations, remember to download your free Ashland Vacation Guide.
The Best Bed & Breakfast in Ashland
After skating to your heart’s content, head home to Country Willows B&B Inn for a peaceful night in. Take a soak in our outdoor heated pool, and snuggle by the fireplace by night. It is the perfect way to relax and soothe worked muscles after a day on the rink!
The Pine Ridge Suite is one of our coziest and most elegant accommodations. This room features a working fireplace, large Whirlpool tub, and complete kitchenette. In addition, each of our guests can enjoy daily farm-to-table breakfast, onsite hiking trails, and hot tea throughout the day. When you are ready to plan your next Southern Oregon getaway, check our current specials and book your stay. We can’t wait to host you at Country Willows B&B Inn!
If you are looking for more fun activities, like ice skating in Ashland, read our blog on Mount Ashland skiing.