Hundreds of thousands make their way to Ashland for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival each year! From timeless playwrights to modern drama, there is something at this festival for everyone. However, if you truly want to elevate your OSF experience, a trip to the Green Show is a must! Read on to discover everything you need to know about this free event.
The OSF Green Show is just one way that Ashland, OR, celebrates the arts! From handmade jewelry to fine art and glasswork, there is so much to explore when you are in Southern Oregon. For recommendations on more ways to delve into Ashland’s art scene, simply download our free Ashland, Oregon, Vacation Guide. Our guide is full of recommendations on art galleries, festivals, museums, and more!
What You Need to Know About the OSF Green Show
What is the Green Show?
From June through October, the OSF Green Show provides free entertainment to the Ashland community! The show runs six days a week from Tuesday through Sunday, with performances beginning at 6:45 p.m. From dance to live jazz to chamber music and beyond, the OSF Green Show offers amazing variety. Here are just a few of the performances that you can look forward to on the 2018 OSF Green Show Calendar!
A Snapshot of the 2018 Green Show Calendar
The scheduled performances for the 2018 OSF Green Show are extensive! Here are just a few of the performances that you can look forward to in 2018.
- Mitsuki Dazai and Oregon Koto Kai, beautiful and dramatic Japanese koto music | July 17 and July 19
- Dirty Cello, high energy and unique blues and bluegrass | July 26 and July 28
- Mooncandy Live House Music Ensemble, soulful jazz and Gospel | August 1 and August 3
- Aolani, traditional and contemporary Pacific Islander/Hawaiian music | September 12 and September 14
- Flamenco Pacifico, music, dance and song from the south of Spain | October 11
- Check out the calendar on the Oregon Shakespeare Festival for a full list of events!
Tips for Your Trip
- Alcohol is prohibited at the Green Show.
- Some seating is available at the show. However, we recommend bringing along a picnic blanket or lawn chair.
- Chances are that if you are making a trip to the Green Show, you are also attending the OSF Festival! Take advantage of our OSF package to save on tickets and lodging.
Where to Stay
Located in Ashland’s peaceful countryside, our bed and breakfast is only a short trip away from downtown and the OSF Green Show. Retire to your own private patio for a lazy, sun-soaked nap before gearing up for a night of theatre. Or spend your day exploring the outdoors on the White Rabbit Trail, conveniently located on our property. However you choose to spend your vacation, you can always expect the best packages and top-notch service at Country Willows B&B Inn!
When you book a stay in any of our elegant accommodations, like The Oak Room, countless special amenities are included with your stay. All of our guests enjoy access to our luxurious pool, complimentary gourmet breakfast, and more! If you are ready to plan your next vacation, check our availability and book your stay. We can’t wait to host you at Country Willows B&B Inn!
Now that you know what to expect at the 2018 Green Show, read our blog on the 2018 and 2019 OSF calendars!